June 7, 2009

It was a busy day for Bryce between dialysis, lab draws (took three people poking him four times to get blood), and a CT scan. We were touched this evening when he asked that we have a prayer together in his hospital room.

Unfortunately today was not as good as yesterday. He didn't sleep well last night and seemed more wasted. Also his appearance wasn't as good. He only sat in the chair for a little while and did not walk. His bilirubin has climbed back to 23, but his white blood count dropped from 55,000 to 35,000 (still high, but better).

Lately I have pondered several scriptures that have been beneficial for me. One is 1 Nephi 3:7 where Nephi responds that he knows that God loves His children; nevertheless, he did not know the meaning of all things. This is very powerful to me that even though I don't know why Bryce has suffered since he was a baby and now has to fight for his life with this cancer - I do know that Heavenly Father loves him and my family.

I also firmly believe that God has a purpose for each of us even though we often don't understand. I have reflected on Isaiah 55:8-9 - "... as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways..." I believe in the next life we will understand these things more fully, but for now we just need to trust in the Lord with all of our hearts.

Thank you again for your prayers. Our simple thanks expressed in these updates almost seems trite for the many prayers each of you continue to offer in his behalf.

0 comments:

Post a Comment