June 6, 2009

We were excited to see improvements in Bryce today! He worked with the physical therapist twice, morning and afternoon, and each time probably walked about 50 yards. He said that he felt much stronger today than he did previously. We are thrilled to get any improvements we can get.

We also thought that he looked better today. I love to see Bryce smile - those white teeth shining through his very jaundiced face really lifts my spirit. Unfortunately his lab values have not changed much for the positive yet - his bilirubin actually went back up to 19 yesterday and remained the same today. His white blood count is also staying about 55,000.

It has been nice to have others staying with Bryce as he becomes very anxious to be alone. His sister, Heidi, had a very touching experience praying with Bryce today. I have found my time that I spend a lone with Bryce to be very to be very special. We greatly appreciate all of those who have helped.

We found out tonight after we left that Bryce has a fever again. We hope that this is not anything major, but in his condition it is a huge concern. Next Friday is supposed to be when he gets his third round of chemo.

1 comments:

Ben Pack said...

Ever since I heard about Bryce's illness I have felt a tender spot in my heart open up. Thank you for keeping us updated. Bryce will be in our prayers.

Post a Comment